Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a very serious medical condition, my clients who have suffered from it are limited in all of their activities, and jobs. It results in many medical conditions including constant dehydration, diarrhea, weight loss, and mental issues due to the constant worrying associated with the disease. The manifestations that result from this syndrome make it very difficult, if not impossible to keep a job.
Social Security Disability has a listing for this syndrome, it is entitled Inflammatory Bowel Disease, below you will see the requirements involved for the listing:
1. Recurrent bloody stools documented and anemia manifested by heatocrit of 30 percent or less on repeated exams.
2. Persistent or recurrents of arthritis, iritis, fever or liver dysfuntion, not attributable to other causes; or
3. Intermittent obstruction due to intractable abscess, fistula formation or stenosis; or
4. Recurrence of findings of 1, 2 or 3 above after total colectomy: or
5. Weight loss as described under section 5.08
There are many complications from Irritable Bowel Syndrome that are required to be explained so that Social Security can get an accurate description of how dibilitating this situation is on your life and ability to be gainfully employed. We at the law office realize this syndrome is not an easy thing for most people to discuss, however we take a very dignified professional view of the matter, and help the client relay to Social Security the health information that is so vital to succeeding on the claim.
We would be pleased to help you in your time of need, you may phone me at the office toll free (877) 271-2633 or local at (615) 308-2633. Their is no obligation, and there is no fee unless I am successful on your disability claim.
Daniel L. McMurtry, Esq.